And the dream comes alive! Planning your new business~ Part 1
And the dream comes alive!
There come’s a time in your business life when you have a big career decision to make. You think about it at night, talk about to your friends, write about it on a million little pieces of paper. Sketch it out, and map it out. Then one day, you wake up and a very clear decision has been made, and there’s NO turning back.
Your hard work has paid-off and NOW that the decision is made “it” hangs around reminding you to get to work making it happen. So, you take a big gulp, put one foot out to make that next step and there you are, ready to go!
Once the elation of making the decision has passed, a little wave of nerves washes over you and you realize it’s time to get down to the logistics of growing that business..new employees, funding, maintaining, new location…NOT-TO-WORRY…we can help on at least one of those areas…your office space.
In this post, we have put together resources and insight based on years of experience and hundreds of projects helping people do exactly where your’re doing, making their dream a reality.
Let this article help you map out, plan and budget getting your dream launched!
Down to brass tacks
When it comes to contract furniture and space planning your office, it’s crucial to get a plan on paper first. Consider a few of the following elements:
- How many employees do you have?
- What is the nature of the employees work?
- Do the need a private area to work?
- Are there some team members who can work collaboratively?
- Do you need conference space? A reception area? A break room?
- What is your moving, office furniture and installation budget?
- What is your move in timeline?
- What is the lead time for ordering and installing your office furniture?
- Do you need help planning the space, moving in, installing?
We have our downloadable “Move in Checklist” is on the way, so make sure to sign up for RSS feeds to know when it’s posted.
Hit the Online Pavement
We are nothing if not resourceful here! We always start a research project like everyone else, online. Below is a list of free resources to help map out and plan your dream.
- Budgeting tools:
- Mind Mapping Tools:
- Space Planning:
- Hands down this is my favorite planning tool so far: http://www.planyourroom.com/ . We use a 2-D and 3-D rendering program that is much more robust with our plans. But, if your just need something to get the ideas down and the key features of the room, this works fine.
- See our “How To Measure” blog here. https://skutchi.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/how-to-measure-for-cubicles-and-office-space-planning/
- Design Inspiration:
- Don’t negate this idea, but start with Pinterest. No kidding, there are some wonderful creative ideas if you just don’t know where to start.
- Give us a call and let us walk you through design options to help you define a direction.
A FEW ADDED BONUSES TO HELP YOU GET YOUR BUSINESS STARTED
- Great site for creating a business plan (it’s a little salesy, but can be a perfect jumping off place for you): http://bit.ly/1uN3qUp
- The following templates are curtesy of http://www.vertex42.com/ (thank you!)