Skutchi Designs manufactures work surfaces with high pressure laminate, a very durable and resilient material made from layered pieces of resin-treated paper that are fused together during production and applied to a solid core. They are low maintenance and long-lasting due to their resistance to heat, impact, scratching and stains associated with regular use. However, there are steps you can take along with regular cleaning to prolong the life of your cubicles and keep them looking their best for many years to come.
Care and maintenance:
- For regular/everyday cleaning, wipe the surface with a clean, damp cloth and mild household detergent then lightly rinse and wipe with a soft, dry cloth.Tip- A Magic Eraser can be used to wipe down the surface to remove grease and pen/pencil marks without causing scratches or dulling the finish.
- For tough, stubborn stains, use an all-purpose cleaning solvent and a clean cloth to wipe stain away then rinse with warm water and dry with a soft, clean cloth. If the stain persists, naphtha can be used to clean area but should be handled with caution because of its flammable nature and toxic fumes. Extra care should be taken to remove all residue.
- Avoid any abrasive cleaners like Ajax powder or Oven Cleaner and strong acids as these can permanently damage the work surface. Scouring pads, metal wool and sand paper can cause scratching or dulling and should never be used to clean laminate surfaces.
- Sources of extreme heat such as hot plates, Bunsen Burners and space heaters should never make contact with the surface as they can cause the laminate top to separate from the substrate causing a rippling or bubbling effect or scorch marks.
Note: When using any cleaning solvent or commercial cleaning chemical it is a good idea to test it on the underside of the work surface to ensure it is not damaging to the finish.
Panels are offered in three high grade materials, High Pressure Laminate (HPL), tempered glass and polyester fabric. These panels can provide privacy and acoustical conditioning for your office or work area and come in a virtually unlimited number of colors and patterns.
- Laminate- These panels are the most durable on the market and provide excellent sound transmission loss making them highly desirable for areas where secure information is handled or where privacy is a concern. They can be cleaned and maintained with the same steps as our laminate work surfaces and should be wiped down regularly to maintain a sanitary work environment.
- Glass- Glass panels create an open feeling and allow natural light to permeate your office which can elevate moods and increase productivity. Caring for glass panels is as easy as washing a window and requires only household window cleaner and a soft, dry cloth. Tough, stuck-on residue from stickers, glue or other adhesives can be loosened with WD-40 and wiped away but be sure to follow with regular cleaning procedures to remove any greasy spots left behind.
- Fabric- Skutchi Designs’ fabric panels are comprised of a multi-layer core wrapped in foam and polyester fabric. This construction gives them sound absorbing properties that can mitigate the reverberation of sound waves and help reduce office noise. Fabric panels should be vacuumed with a flat hose extension regularly to prevent dust build-up and wiped with a clean, damp cloth. Stains from ink, food and ground-in dirt can typically be removed by thoroughly mixing ¼ cup of detergent with a quart of warm water and blotting the area with a clean cloth. If you are unsure if a cleaning solution is compatible with your fabric, test it on a non-visible corner and allow it to dry before using it on a visible area.